   Re: Question About Namespaces and DTDs

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 13:20:47 -0400

At 12:45 AM 7/27/00 +0800, Rick JELLIFFE wrote:
>I have a modest suggestion: no-one should ever say anything is broken
>again unless and until they also have a working proposal of how to fix
>it. If we all kept to this discipline, XML-DEV would be more stimulating
>for everyone, and lead into a more beautiful future.

Sorry Rick, it ain't that easy, and it almost never is.

I did propose on XML-URI that the URI nature of XML namespaces be
discarded, apart from syntax.  That would have cleared up most of these
problems, but it didn't seem to make the URI folks happy.  (It did have
supporters, though!)

Simon St.Laurent