   Speakers and program (XML DevCon 2000, San Jose, Nov. 12-15l)

  • From: KenNorth <KenNorth@email.msn.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 15:17:07 -0700

We're putting the finishing touches on the program for XML DevCon 2000 in
San Jose (November 12-15). The call for speakers is still open for a few
days. We are also accepting speaker submissions for XML DevCon 2001 (London,
February 21-23, 2001).

The technical program is not final, but here's what you can expect in San
Jose:

1. We've got presentations from key technology innovators. These include Tim
Bray (co-editor of the XML spec), Don Chamberlin (co-designer of SQL, and
more recently Quilt), Norbert Mikula (wrote the first validating parser in
Java), Matthew Fuchs (CommerceOne and XML Schema WG), Paul Cotton (editor of
SQL/MM and chairman of XML Query Working Group), Jonathan Robie (co-author
of XQL and Quilt) and others who gave us specs or technologies such as
XLink, XInclude, XML Query Model, XML-QL, SOAP, and so on.

2. We have about a dozen authors of books about XML, XHTML, Java, and SQL.

3. We have engineers who developed XML extensions for IBM DB2 and Microsoft
SQL Server, the principal architect of Oracle eXchange, and the chief
architect for Informix.

4. We have academicians and researchers such as Holger Meyer, who's been
using statistical methods to optimize document structures for
object-relational databases.

5. We have a panel discussion with Tim Bray, Norbert Mikula, Peter Coffee,
Kevin Dick, and Paul Brown.

6. We have pre-conference tutorials taught by people such as Ken Holman,
Tommie Usdin, and Elliotte Rusty Harold.

Registration for XML DevCon 2000 (San Jose) is open. (The spring event sold
out in advance):
www.xmldevcon2000.com/conference.html

Call for Speakers
www.xmldevcon2000.com/callfall.htm