   RE: new Infoset

  • From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • To: John Cowan <cowan@locke.ccil.org>,"Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 08:18:22 -0500

Thanks John.  I can't quite make sense of this:

"XML 1.0 documents that do not conform to [Namespaces], though technically
well-formed, are not considered to have meaningful information sets as
defined by this specification. That is, this specification does not define
an information set documents that have element or attribute names containing
colons that are used in other ways than as prescribed by [Namespaces]."

Would you please expand on it a bit?  I sense a circularity in which I can
have a compliant
XML document that does not have a conforming information set.  This ties up

specifications that normatively reference XML 1.0 and can orphan XML 1.0.

Namespace Nemesis, hold your fire, please.

Len Bullard
Intergraph Public Safety
clbullar@ingr.com
http://fly.hiwaay.net/~cbullard/lensongs.ram