   RE: dynamic loading of Handlers

  • From: Michael Brennan <Michael_Brennan@Allegis.com>
  • To: 'Aditya Muralidharan' <amuralidharan@netsales.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 15:31:32 -0700

> From: Aditya Muralidharan [mailto:amuralidharan@netsales.com]
> [...]
> I'm trying to create a flexible parsing mechanism that can
> dynamically load
> a DocumentHandler implementation (actually a subclass of
> HandlerBase). The
> trouble is that I have to read the document first to figure
> out what handler
> to load.

How about an adapter that implements DocumentHandler and which loads the
real DocumentHandler once it receives the SAX event for the root node (and
forwards on the SAX event at that point).

> Another (relatively simple) related is  that I will be
> versioning my DTDs
> and the handlers I've spoken of above will need to parse each
> version of
> these DTDs.

Perhaps by using a namespace declaration on the root element that identifies
the corresponding DTD? Or perhaps a "version" attribute?