   updated O2K cleaner (0.03)

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 12:47:16 -0400

I've released a much easier-to-read version of the O2KCleaner class I
posted last week.  Thanks to Elliotte Rusty Harold for significant
enhancements in that regard, as well as for catching an encoding issue.

By default, O2KCleaner now stamps documents as ISO-8859-1.  Before, they
were assumed to be UTF-8, which was unlikely.  A setEncoding() method lets
you choose your preferred encoding.  I'm hoping to produce a more generic
encoding solution in the relatively near future, but hopefully this will
work for some folks now.

More information and code for 0.03 is available at:
http://www.simonstl.com/projects/o2kxml/

O2KCleaner is open source, distributed under the Mozilla Public License.

Simon St.Laurent