   Re: Eating crow

  • From: Rick JELLIFFE <ricko@geotempo.com>
  • To: ",xml-dev@xml.org" <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 23:02:51 +0800

John Cowan wrote:

> To compound matters, I used an expression in that email which was not intended
> for public consumption, and which has made for wounded feelings.  It was especially
> open to misinterpretation by those lacking a perfect grasp of English-language
> idiom.  It was not my intent to disparage any organization as contemptible.

There are several possible meanings:

 * W3C is a lousy-industry consortium (our industry has lice)
 * W3C is a lousy industry-consortium (W3C has lice)
 * W3C is a lousy-industry-consortium (industry consortia can have lice,
W3C is one of them)
 * W3C is a lousy industry consortium (lets not get worked up over small
things)

Rick Jelliffe