   Re: XML serialization of a XML document.

  • From: Sean McGrath <sean@digitome.com>
  • To: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 08:40:42 +0100

At 17:23 10/08/00 +0200, Eric van der Vlist wrote:
>Hi,
>
>At the fringe between concepts such as the infoset and XSet, I have
>begun to think of a way to use XML to represent the full content of XML
>document.
>
>The first step of these thoughts have been published under
>http://www.xml.com/pub/2000/08/09/xslt/xslt.html and I would be very
>interested by your feedback and especially to know if you think it worth
>going further in this direction.

Those of you interested in the philosophical question:

	"why is it that great minds have a tendancy to
	parcel up collections of great ideas into
	intertwingled and abstract cacophonies that
	render them essentially useless at the time
	of their creation and condemn the rest of
	us mortals to re-invent the ideas one by
	bit a decade or so later"

might like to look at this exchange between Eliot Kimber and I
three years ago:
	http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/xml-dev-Sep-1997/0039.html

The CGR stuff is at:
	http://www.ornl.gov/sgml/wg8/document/n1920/html/clause-A.4.5.html