   ANN: fragserver v0.002 (blush)

  • From: Rick JELLIFFE <ricko@geotempo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 01:59:20 +0800

Fragserver is a Java Web Application designed for running on Apache
(Tomcat, Xalan, Xerces) implementing the W3C Fragment Interchange
format.

Download from
    http://gate.sinica.edu.tw/~ricko/src/fragserver.war
This is a .war file: you can use jar to unbundle it. Source code and
installation instructions provided in index.html included.

New version of fragserver out with stupid, stupid bug fixed and extra
functionality. (I apologize to the 60+ people who downloaded it
yesterday.)

This new one includes an extra option "bubbledown" which, if used, looks
up the context tree and adds the first of each type of xml:* and xmlns*
attributes it finds to the top element of the fragment. This makes the
fragment still correctly marked up for namespaces and xml:lang, even if
you don't use the FCS.

Currently, all namespace prefixes used in the XPath have to be declared
in the top-level element of the target document. In other words, I can
find the b in
but not
though I should be able to find b:b if

Rick Jelliffe