   Implementing user input in XSL

  • From: EWDProductions@aol.com
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 17:34:14 -0400 (EDT)

For starters, hello.  This is my first post to the forum and I look forward
to getting to know alot of you well in my endeavor to learn this language.

I've already read through a multitude of sites on XML and its supporting
languages and even purchased a book.  What I'm curious about is if it would
be possible for a visitor of my site pull up a "Table" of data.

For example, I have a list of products, prices, reviews, and shipping prices.
 I want to be able to make a drop downlist that has each of the 4 options and
when one is selected, the list is reordered based on that value.  For
example, if they chose reviews, it resorts the list based on the best reviews
to worse.

What I've been able to come up with is a script that will load a different
xsl file to format the xml.  1 file for each option.  Now that's not
including reverse odering.  I'm on 6 files for one page and if I were to
implement searches and reverse orders, I'd be well over twenty.

Is there a way for <.xsl:sort> to process a variable instead of a text or
prescribed element?

Jonathan Hannan