   RE: Implementing user input in XSL

  • From: Mike Brown <mbrown@corp.webb.net>
  • To: "'EWDProductions@aol.com'" <EWDProductions@aol.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 21:23:44 -0600

Jonathan Hannan wrote:
> What I'm curious about is if it would
> be possible for a visitor of my site pull up a "Table" of data.
>
> For example, I have a list of products, prices, reviews, and
> shipping prices. I want to be able to make a drop downlist
> that has each of the 4 options and when one is selected, the
> list is reordered based on that value.
> [...]
> What I've been able to come up with is a script that will
> load a different xsl file to format the xml. 1 file for
> each option.

Use a parameter to pass a string into the stylesheet.
http://www.dpawson.freeserve.co.uk/xsl/N5982.html

If you're using MSXML/IE5, also be sure you know the info in
http://www.netcrucible.com/xslt/msxml-faq.htm

> Is there a way for <.xsl:sort> to process a variable instead
> of a text or prescribed element?

These questions should be asked on the xsl-list.
See http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/index.html

   - Mike
Mike J. Brown, software engineer at         My XML/XSL resources:
webb.net in Denver, Colorado, USA           http://www.skew.org/xml/