   Re: Implementing user input in XSL

  • From: Mike Sharp <msharp@lante.com>
  • To: EWDProductions@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 15:18:59 -0700

One way I've done it (on the client side, using the MSXML parser) is to
programmatically go into the XSL DOM, and modify the order-by attribute, then
re-transform the client side table.  This may be brute force, but it works, and
looks very slick--the client table doesn't flicker or refresh--it just re-orders
based on the new sort.  Obviously, this requires your visitors to use IE5 and
up.  However, you can set this up to degrade gracefully, and request another
page from the server if the client is not IE5.  Then, If you're doing it on the
server, and the server environment is MS, then you could use the latest version
of MSXML, which does support the variable and parameter tags.

Good luck,
Mike Sharp

EWDProductions@aol.com on 08/14/2000 02:34:14 PM