   XML Set-up

  • From: Katharine Wykes <Katharine.Wykes@precedent.co.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 09:38:48 +0100

I am quite new to XML and have played around with the parser that comes with
IE5, but I heard that this was not actually compliant with the W3C standard.
We are on NT and we supply dynamic web sites to mainly NT clients.  I would
like to know what the best set-up would be for this arrangement, or just
generally the best set up in general.  I am tempted to install Xerces and
Xalan from the Cocoon project, simply because the Cocoon project looks like
the one most in touch with the W3C standard and therefore maybe well
supported in future, and up to date with development.  Please could somebody
with experience point me in the right direction.  I would like to start
developing with the right package as soon as possible.  Thanks in advance.