   Re: Generic XML export/import tool for relational databases

  • From: tpassin@home.com
  • To: XML-Dev <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 20:07:34 -0400

Mike Alexander asked -

> Does anyone know of a general purpose tool that will allow data to be
exported from, and imported into, a relational
> database? It would have to allow some form of mapping between XML
entities/attributes and database tables/fields.

XMLJunction at www.datajunction.com  does this very well.  XMLSpy does it
too, at  http://link.xmlspy.com/ but I haven;t tried out the data export
functions.

There are also a number of java utilities that make use of jdbc drivers and
are more-or-less easy to use, but I don'a have any urls handy right now.

db2xml at http://www.informatik.fh-wiesbaden.de/~turau/DB2XML/index.html
will get data into xml from databases, but I don't think it can export back
to a database.

Microsoft has a lot of tools that can help you so this, too.

Tom Passin