   Re: Making DTD validation work with namespaces

  • From: james anderson <james.anderson@mecomnet.de>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 11:45:38 +0200

If one were expect a processor to implement this mechanism, then one
could just as well expect a processor to implement the mechanism which
is already implied by the namespace spec. Namely, to observe attribute
default bindings for namespace attributes when reading the dtd. If
specified in the internal subset for the root element of a dtd fragment
which is described externally, the encoding is not significantly more
complex then the implicit qualification proposed here. It also requires
just implementing things which are already described...