   RE: new to XML

  • From: Mike Brown <mbrown@corp.webb.net>
  • To: "'xml-dev@lists.xml.org'" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 10:54:54 -0600

> Thie example will only work if you run it with Internet
> Explorer 5.0+, and then only if you have not updated
> the xml component in it. For any other XSL processor,
> or for the new Microsoft parser, you have to use
>
> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl='http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0'>

Actually the namespace URI you have above is for the
21 Apr 1999, 09 Jul 1999, 13 Aug 1999 working drafts of XSLT.

Effective with the 08 Oct 1999 proposed recommendation and
the 16 Nov 1999 recommendation, use:

<xsl:stylesheet
   version="1.0">

Whenever anyone asks about XSL and appears to be using the
outdated MSXML component that ships with IE 5.0 and 5.5,
I point them to http://www.netcrucible.com/xslt/msxml-faq.htm

Also, XSL questions belong on the xsl-list; see
http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/

   - Mike
Mike J. Brown, software engineer at         My XML/XSL resources:
webb.net in Denver, Colorado, USA           http://www.skew.org/xml/