   Browser support for Scalable Vector Graphics

  • From: AndrewWatt2000@aol.com
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 08:22:07 -0400 (EDT)

Do any of the Microsoft people on the list know what the plans are to include
native support in Internet Explorer for Scalable Vector Graphics?

If they don't know personally I would appreciate it if someone could point me
in the direction of who at Microsoft I can ask (preferably with an email
address).

I know the Adobe SVG Viewer does a good job so allowing experimentation
(currently implementing the March 2000 Working Draft) but it would be nice to
have some indication of when the major browsers are likely to support SVG
natively.

Since SVG is currently at Candidate Recommendation surely native support
can't be too far away??

Thanks in advance

Andrew Watt