   RE: XML and LDAP: Common APIs?

  • From: johns@syscore.com (John F. Schlesinger)
  • To: francis@redrice.com, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 14:25:11 -0400

Francis wrote:
"...Xpath (unlike XML-Schema)doesn't understand basic types like dates"

I don't need data types to query. When I ask for a node where an attribute
has a certain value I need to provide my value, but I don't need to know the
data type. Most likely my programming language is going to cast everything
to a common representation to do the comparison anyway.

Yours,
John F Schlesinger
SysCore Solutions
212 619 5200 x 219