   Re: XML and LDAP: Common APIs?

  • From: mark hu <mark@fintrack.com>
  • To: lauren@sqwest.bc.ca, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:05:52 -0400

Yes, I agree - and the stuff I am working on today is bring a collection of
XML objects ( in which every object has the same XML structure ), and the
number of objects could be changed very often, and futher the relation-ship
between these objects are parent and child, and one root level parent could
any number child and again these child could have multi-level sub child ,
and so on ..... all these objects are linked together baed on 2 of the XML
tags ( e.g. nodeIDTag and parentIDTag ) - if it's NULL value means root
level parent, if it's not NULL follows this rule: all the parentIDTag in a
child note would has the value of its nearest parentIDTag value, so all the
objects would eventually construct a OBJECT TREE, and on the browser side -
I'll construct the whole TREE as a TREE VIEW list .... is there any good
idea to do this ????? right now, I am counting the max level of the TREE
level first ( both vertical and horizontal ... ), then go through a loop
based on these 2 params to creat vertical based objects collection ( which
has its nearest parent on the left ), then I have a JavaScript code to
generate client side TREE VIEW which takes these collections to populate all
the nodes value ..... thanks.

FYI:

<ROOTCOLLECTION>
    <ROOT1>