   Re: XML and LDAP: Common APIs?

  • From: Sean McGrath <sean@digitome.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 17:55:10 +0100

At 09:27 AM 8/24/00 -0700, Lauren Wood wrote:

>On a side note, I've even had people talk to me about using DOM
>methods to walk a text document, where you map the lines into
>the equivalents of elements, with the line breaks being the
>demarcation between them. Then you can apply (some) DOM
>methods to the resulting tree. I'm still not sure why anyone would
>*want* to do this, but it's possible.

In my book[1], there is a sample SAX driver for MySQL. Using
it, you can treat any MySQL database as a SAX event source.

Put a DOM builder on top of the SAX events and you could,
theoretically, process any MySQL RDB with DOM:-)

regards,
Sean

[1] XML Processing with Python, Prentice Hall

http://www.pyxie.org - an Open Source XML Processing library for Python