   Re: XML and LDAP: Common APIs?

  • From: Jeff Turner <jeff@socialchange.net.au>
  • To: mark hu <mark@fintrack.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 14:32:47 +1000

mark hu wrote:

> Yes, I agree - and the stuff I am working on today is bring a collection of
> XML objects ( in which every object has the same XML structure ), and the
> number of objects could be changed very often, and futher the relation-ship
> between these objects are parent and child, and one root level parent could
> any number child and again these child could have multi-level sub child ,
> and so on ..... all these objects are linked together baed on 2 of the XML
> tags ( e.g. nodeIDTag and parentIDTag ) - if it's NULL value means root
> level parent, if it's not NULL follows this rule: all the parentIDTag in a
> child note would has the value of its nearest parentIDTag value, so all the
> objects would eventually construct a OBJECT TREE, and on the browser side -
> I'll construct the whole TREE as a TREE VIEW list .... is there any good
> idea to do this ????? right now, I am counting the max level of the TREE
> level first ( both vertical and horizontal ... ), then go through a loop
> based on these 2 params to creat vertical based objects collection ( which
> has its nearest parent on the left ), then I have a JavaScript code to
> generate client side TREE VIEW which takes these collections to populate all
> the nodes value ..... thanks.

Well.. if you've got all these objects which you can represent as XML,
why not store them as a DOM Document? If you're using Java, JDOM
(http://www.jdom.org) would be easiest.

Otherwise, if you want simple object->XML mapping, there's various APIs
to do that:

http://www.jxml.com/quick/index.html
http://castor.exolab.org

--Jeff