   Re: DTD/Schemas with repeated structure

  • From: tpassin@home.com
  • To: "'Xml-Dev (E-mail 2)'" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 23:38:31 -0400

John F. Schlesinger found an error in my suggested stylesheet - this was for
generating a DTD with a highly repetitive structure -

Looks like I misremembered where the disable-output-escaping attribute can
go.  XT liked it anyway, though.  Just move the attribute to the
xsl:value-of statements that create the declarations and everything should
be OK.  Sorry to confuse you.

Tom

> Tom,
> I tried your stylesheet and got a message (from the 'conforming' MS
parser)
> "Attribute 'disable-output-escaping' is invalid on 'xsl:output'."
>
> So I looked up the specification at http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt and found:
>
> "An xsl:value-of or xsl:text element may have a disable-output-escaping
> attribute; the allowed values are yes or no; the default is no; if the
value
> is yes, then a text node generated by instantiating the xsl:value-of or
> xsl:text element should be output without any escaping."
>
> The specification for xsl:output doesn't mention the
disable-output-escaping
> attribute. Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Yours,
> John F Schlesinger