   Expat & utf-16

  • From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 10:44:17 -0700

(list awfully quiet; anyone still here?)

I just discovered that expat claims to be able to produce UTF-16
as well as UTF-8.  Everyone I know who's using it does utf-8,
but there's this project we're working on where it would be
real nice to get wide chars out of the parser.  Anyone else
used this much, is it actively maintained and does it seem to
work?  -Tim