   ANNOUNCE: xml-xhtml-tips list

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 12:48:47 -0400

[The tip list I'm announcing here may be a little too low-level for many of
the members of this list, but it might be useful for others.  Even if you
understand the complexities, it might also be interesting to see beginner
issues presented again, or presented from a Web-oriented perspective, so I
hope this will be useful for some folks.]

I've started a 'Tip of the Day' list for Web developers interested in XHTML
and XML.  I'm starting with fairly basic issues in the changeover from HTML
to XHTML and XML, and will be moving through more advanced material as I
get there, probably fairly slowly.

The focus, at least initially, is on XHTML, but most of the issues covered
should be of interest to any developers with HTML experience moving to XML.

If you're already on the XHTML-L mailing list, you don't need to subscribe
to this list, as tips will appear on XHTML-L.  If you just want the tips,
you can get subscription information at:
http://www.simonstl.com/tips/

The first tip ("Think in elements, not tags") is available in the archive:
http://simonstl.com/tips/archive/date.html

In addition to tips, I'll be posting very brief announcements about
XHTML-related news, including updates of the XHTML and XML specs at
the W3C as they happen.

If people have product announcements they want mentioned on the mailing,
please let me know, but I'd like all such announcements kept very brief -
two lines and a URL for more information.   I don't plan to cover business
announcements (partnerships, mergers, customers, etc.) at any time, and
announcements will only run once.

Tips will be archived as they are published, which should be more or less
daily.  There's only one tip so far, but the archive should grow daily.
This list is a one-way announce list, not a discussion list, so traffic
should be low.

I hope folks find this useful!

Simon St.Laurent
XHTML: Migrating Toward XML