   RE: Stylesheet for generating schema documentation

  • From: David Valera <dvalera@pcl-hage.nl>
  • To: 'Leigh Dodds' <ldodds@ingenta.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 16:49:32 +0200

> This would be an extremely useful utility; its an idea which
> has been on the
> back-burner for a while
>
> I've been a fan of dtd2html [1] for a good while, and a
> similar tool for
> schemas
> would be excellent.
>
> I see HenryT has posted a pointer on how this might be
> tackled. Is this
> something
> that could be developed collaboratively on xml-dev?

that would be great. Maybe we should just consider the following:

in the readme file provided by the stylesheet from Microsoft for XDR you can
read the following:

"Future Plans:Future versions of this style sheet are expected to include
support for the emerging W3C XML Schema language."

Maybe MS has already begun with the development of such a stylesheet. We
should make sure not to spend time in something that is already been
developed. Don't you think?

David Valera