   RE:   problem

  • From: Mike Brown <mbrown@corp.webb.net>
  • To: 'Anthony Channing' <AnthonyC@101Ltd.com>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 11:39:02 -0600

> Thanks to everyone who answered my query,  for
> now I'm using the &#160; code, which works, but
> oddly reveals nothing when I view source in the
> browser.  Very strange.

&#160; or &#xA0; in the stylesheet becomes the non-breaking space character,
which looks just like a space, in the stylesheet tree and the result tree.
When the result tree is serialized, depending on the output encoding
(charset), the output method (html, xml, or text) and the particulars of the
XSLT processor, that character will manifest as either "&#160;", "&#xA0;",
"&nbsp;" or a literal non-breaking space character (" "). Assuming your
browser's view source utility is not doing any further munging, it sounds
like you're getting the latter. It shouldn't make any difference.