Lists Home |
Date Index |
- From: David Megginson <email@example.com>
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 09:29:06 -0400
I've put a pre-1.0 release of the Java SAX2-ext package on my software
This package includes the optional LexicalHandler and DeclHandler
classes for SAX2. LexicalHandler reports purely lexical information
like comments, CDATA start/end, etc. DeclHandler reports
non-mandatory DTD declarations, including elements and attributes.
SAX2 implementors are *not* required to support either of these
handler types. There are no drivers included -- you have to find a
parser that already supports these handler types.
The only changes since the previous release are in the JavaDoc (see
the ChangeLog for details) and the inclusion of a build.xml project
file for Apache's ant. I would like to put out a final 1.0 release in
early October, probably without any major modifications, and would
like to ask XML-Dev members to do the following:
1. Review the 1.0pre package for typos, obvious bugs, etc.; and
2. Let me know what SAX2 parsers and applications are already
supporting this package.
Thanks, and all the best,
David Megginson email@example.com