   [ANN] SAX2-ext 1.0pre (Java)

  • From: David Megginson <david@megginson.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 09:29:06 -0400

I've put a pre-1.0 release of the Java SAX2-ext package on my software
page,

  http://www.megginson.com/Software/sax2-ext-1.0pre.zip

This package includes the optional LexicalHandler and DeclHandler
classes for SAX2.  LexicalHandler reports purely lexical information
like comments, CDATA start/end, etc.  DeclHandler reports
non-mandatory DTD declarations, including elements and attributes.
SAX2 implementors are *not* required to support either of these
handler types.  There are no drivers included --  you have to find a
parser that already supports these handler types.

The only changes since the previous release are in the JavaDoc (see
the ChangeLog for details) and the inclusion of a build.xml project
file for Apache's ant.  I would like to put out a final 1.0 release in
early October, probably without any major modifications, and would
like to ask XML-Dev members to do the following:

1. Review the 1.0pre package for typos, obvious bugs, etc.; and

2. Let me know what SAX2 parsers and applications are already
supporting this package.

Thanks, and all the best,

David

           http://www.megginson.com/