   problem w/ Cocoon and DTD

  • From: Jeff Ramin <ramin@berbee.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 10:14:20 -0500

I'm brand new to XML - I spent last week reading "Java and XML".  I needed
a sandbox to play with what I was reading, so I installed Cocoon on my
linux machine.

I was able to author an XML document, and write a stylesheet to transform
it to HTML.  Everything was fine up to this point.

Then I wanted to write a DTD for my document and have Cocoon verify it
on the server.  I now get this error from Cocoon:

          Publishing Engine could not be initialized.

java.lang.RuntimeException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute "version"
must be declared for element type "xsl:stylesheet".

I'm confused because I do have the version attribute on my xsl:stylesheet
element in
the xsl file.

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks.

--
Jeffrey Ramin
Berbee

Berbee...putting the E in business