   RE: Binary XML

  • From: Joshua Allen <joshuaa@microsoft.com>
  • To: 'Mike Sharp' <msharp@lante.com>, xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 19:03:35 -0700

The format used for binary tokenisation in WAP is WBXML:
http://www.w3.org/TR/wbxml/

Dan Suciu and Hartmut Liefke built a compressor specifically for XML that
uses information about the tags to get better compression than normal
text-oriented compression (such as gzip)
http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/xmill/

-J