   RE: Binary XML

  • From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • To: Dylan Walsh <Dylan.Walsh@Kadius.com>, xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 11:03:52 -0500

It is a terse spec and hard for me to read, so what follows
may be erroneous.

AFAICT, the text content becomes a string table.
Unless I misunderstand that, in the examples, each
character is a delimited character token. That is,

A token to indicate string length followed by

 'E', 'n', 't', 'e', 'r', ' ', 'T', 'e', 'x', 't', ':', ' ',

It appears you are right; for a text rich document, this doesn't
help.  If so, can someone explain how this
would work for a general purpose compressed binary
format for XML?

Len Bullard
Intergraph Public Safety
clbullar@ingr.com