   Re: Who will maintain SAX?

  • From: Steve Harris <sharris@primus.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 14:52:25 -0700

David Megginson <david@megginson.com> writes:

[...]

> Maybe we need to start The SAX Consortium, with .org Web site,
> weekly telecons, face-to-face meetings at employer expense
> (alternating among Europe, Australia, and North America, of course),
> and a big membership fee so that we can afford to co-sponsor
> conferences and pay a full-time director.

Certainly this comment is only half-way tongue-in-cheek. Consider how
many of those conference pamphlets you get each week. Who are all of
these teachers? Who are all of these students? Who's paying for all of
this? And why?

--
Steven E. Harris        :: sharris   @primus.com
Primus                  :: http://www.primus.com