Lists Home |
Date Index |
- From: Clark Cooper <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: perl-xml@listserv1.ActiveState.com
- Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 13:22:47 -0400
I've uploaded version 2.30 of XML::Parser to CPAN. This is a bug-fix release.
With this version, expat source is no longer included in the distribution.
In order to build this and later versions of XML::Parser, you must build and
install the expat *library* (version 1.95.0 or later) which is available at:
You can't use the earlier versions of expat available at jclark.com, since
they won't build into a shareable library.
This expat is not a fork; James Clark has delegated maintenance of the expat
XML parser to a team that includes James, Fred Drake, Paul Prescod, and myself.
SourceForge is hosting this project.
Here is the relevant portion of the Changes file:
2.30 Thu Oct 5 12:47:36 EDT 2000
- Get rid of ContentStash global. Not that big a deal looking it up
everytime and gets rid of a potential threading problem.
- Switch to shareable library version of expat from sourceforge
(i.e. no longer include expat source and require that libexpat
- Bob Tribit <email@example.com> demonstrated a fix for problems
in compiling under perl 5.6.0 with 5.005 threading.
- Matt Sergeant <firstname.lastname@example.org> discovered a typo ('IO::Handler'
instead of 'IO::Handle') in Expat.pm that caused IO::Handle objects
to be treated as strings instead of handles.
- Matt Sergeant also provided a patch to allow tied handles to work
properly in calls to parse.
- Eric Bohlman <email@example.com> reported a failure when
incremental parsing and external parsing were used together.
Need to give explicit package when calling Do_External_Parse
from externalEntityRef otherwise fails when called through ExpatNB.
Clark Cooper Software Engineer Home: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schenectady, NY USA Work: email@example.com