   CMS-Vendor list

  • From: Dave Winer <dave@userland.com>
  • To: xml-dist-app@w3c.org, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 11:29:50 -0700

I started a new mail list to have a place to discuss issues that are common
across all content management software, esp as they relate to search
engines, aggregators and other kinds of web crawlers.

http://www.egroups.com/group/cms-vendor

Recently our servers have taken a pounding from the crawlers, and we've had
to turn off the crawlers through
the robots.txt convention.

However, if there were some coordination between search engines and CMS
software, we could have a much better system that scales, and provides more
timely results for people who use search engines.

Please join the list if you have an interest in this area, and pass it on so
other CMS vendors know it's there.

Let's work together to make systems work better for our users.

Dave Winer
UserLand Software