   RE: XML database

  • From: Michael Rys <mrys@microsoft.com>
  • To: 'Huaxin Zhang' <hxzhang@cs.ualberta.ca>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 12:54:10 -0700

There are several ways on how to map XML into relational storage structures.
There were some research papers published on this (e.g., by Kossman,
Florescu and others). Also look at SQLServer 2000's edgetable format
generated by the OpenXML rowset provider as an extreme form on one side of
the spectrum to represent arbitrary XML documents in relations.

It all depends on what you want to do with the data and how much schema
information you have available...

Best regards
Michael