   How Do I Tell the Parser Where DTD Is

  • From: Allen Chang <allen@dejima.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 18:26:23 -0700

Hi,

People are very helpful to me on this list!

Now, I need help on this: in a XML file, I have

<!DOCTYPE CASE SYSTEM "case.dtd">

My case.dtd has to be either in the current directory, or somewhere on the
internet (in which case I specify an "http" address).  Is there a way to put
case.dtd somewhere in my computer, but NOT in the current directory, and
tell the XML parser to go there to get it? The parser wants the file name of
the XML file, and the DTD reference is berried inside there.

Thanks again!

--Allen

Allen Chang
Dejima, Inc.