   Re: RELAX to ISO

  • From: KenNorth <KenNorth@email.msn.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:30:52 -0700

> In other words you are not using "XML" you are using "SGML":

Don't you think Schema and other specifications move us away from this
model?

> it is an industry profile which belongs to W3C not to ISO--we wanted to
give them
> the freedom to maintain it (and indeed, we cannot take it from them!)
> and develop it.

Why is submitting a specification to ISO "taking it away" from W3C? There
nothing that takes away the W3C's mission to incubate technology or its role
in evolving new versions of XML-related specifications.

Will we no longer see new ISO standards because technology incubators feel
something is taken away when they contribute to a standard?  (I missed it
when IBM closed its doors after having SQL and SGML "taken away" by the ISO
;-)