   Re: RELAX to ISO

  • From: Rick JELLIFFE <ricko@geotempo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 21:41:45 +0800

"Simon St.Laurent" wrote:

> Maybe someday I'll run into an XMLer who cares deeply about SGML who hadn't
> used SGML before the advent of XML, but I've yet to find that creature.  If
> that makes me lunatic left wing fringe, that's fine too.

I think Len is refering to those for whom "XML is SGML" is an
inconvenient
barrier to pet changes rather than the great unwashed masses for whom it
is
merely a remote and uninteresting factoid.   If they care about XML they
care
about standard generalized markup languages, and if the capitilized
source
doesn't affect them but gives refuge to civil servants, who cares?

Rick Jelliffe