   RE: Unnecessary well-formedness constraint

  • From: Wayne Steele <xmlmaster@hotmail.com>
  • To: justin@speedlegal.com, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 15:23:17 -0700 (PDT)

This construct is perfectly acceptable.

As quoted, a parameter entity _reference_ is forbidden outdie a DTD.
What you have here is a parameter entity _declaration_ in the internal
subset, and a parameter entity _reference_ in the external subset.

They're both inside the DTD, as well (everthing in the !DOCTYPE declaration
that's between [ square brackets ] is the internal subset).

This might be a bug on the part of XML4j or XMLSpy.

-Wayne Steele

>From: Justin Lipton <justin@speedlegal.com>
>
>Perhaps I'm missing the point on this thread:

...[start of example removed]...

>   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>   <!DOCTYPE bugs SYSTEM "bugs.dtd" [
>           <!ENTITY % extras "IGNORE">