   Frameworks for implementation of XML-based DSLs

  • From: Jose Luis Sierra Rodriguez <jlsierra@sip.ucm.es>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 19:06:45 +0200

Hi.

I'm currently involved on a research about the operationalization of
XML-based Domain  Specific Languages (DSLs). For this purpose I'm looking for
frameworks and/or approaches for easy XML-based DSLs operationalization.
Some examples of the kind of stuff that I’m looking for are:

- Dr. Matthew Fuchs early works on using SGML/XML for ad-hoc description of DSLs
  in distributed scenarios (http://cs.nyu.edu/phd_students/fuchs/index.html).

- Jargons: Although syntax of the DSLs defined in this approach is not directly defined
  in XML, ideas described there can be directly translated into the XML world.
 (http://www.bell-labs.com/user/maa/fast/index.html).

- DSLX: A nice collection of ideas are included in this framework for XML-based DSLs
  operationalization
 (http://pdcatlanta.com/html/articles/PCAIArticle1.htm)

If anybody have further information, links or hints about this topic, I would be happy to hear
about.

Thanks in Advance

J.L.Sierra

--
Jose-Luis Sierra-Rodriguez
Dpto. Sistemas Informaticos |Room:  452 (Fac. Matematicas)