   RE: Soft Landing

  • From: Carol Ellerbeck <carol@factcity.com>
  • To: 'KenNorth' <KenNorth@email.msn.com>,"'Bullard, Claude L (Len)'" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 07:43:25 -0400

Ken,
If you "were king of the world" with the idea you express below, you would
not need "an unlimited budget"...just a modest one, to have experts build
your taxonomy/domain vocabularies.  I say this as a Taxonomist who has been
in the vocabulary trenches with electronic information for years.
Automation is wonderful (and I would say, even essential), but start with
*NOT JUST* humans (albeit smart humans), start with humans who have some
expertise, and you will accomplish your goal faster, with fewer people, more
efficiently, and have a more solid foundation to build on.......
Long live the king!