   Default time zone for XML Schema date/time data types

  • From: Michael Brennan <Michael_Brennan@Allegis.com>
  • To: "'xml-dev@lists.xml.org'" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 14:12:02 -0700

In reading the XML Schema data types spec, I notice it mentions that
"optional" time zone indicators can be appended to date/time data types. I
don't see it mentioning what the default time zone is if the indicator is
not included (or am I just missing that in the spec?). ISO 8601 specifies, I
believe, that the lack of an explicit time zone indicator means the value is
in a local time zone. Is that also the interpretation in XML Schema, or is
the time zone simply "undefined"?

Thanks.