   Must DTDs constrain order?

  • From: Evan Lenz <elenz@xyzfind.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 10:10:45 -0700

In a DTD, is it possible to not constrain order on a given set of possible
elements, while still constraining quantity?

For example

<!ELEMENT foo (bar, bat?, bang*)>

Can I somehow allow bar, bat, and bang to be in any order?  I suspect not
but would love to be corrected.

Thanks,

Evan Lenz
elenz@xyzfind.com