   dynamic code in the xsl page

  • From: asenator <asenator@tgix.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 18:07:56 +0000

Hi,
I am new to xml-xsl & this list ..
Here is a question: I need to have in my result html page values that
are dynamic, yet not retrieved from my xml data.
(for example action method in a form tag - that posts to different
server depending on the configuration   or  sorting column that is
determined by the user dynamically  via the request rather than hard
coding the sort column in the xsl page)
How do I obtain that ?
Having my xsl page completely static is a big problem.

btw-
I just saw Xalan-java extensions - Is that an option ? Can I get a
parameter from the request ?
Are there going to be implementation specific portability issues ?
reliability ?

Thanks
Ari