   Re: dynamic code in the xsl page

  • From: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@home.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 23:11:08 -0500

asenator asked -

> Here is a question: I need to have in my result html page
values that
> are dynamic, yet not retrieved from my xml data.
> (for example action method in a form tag - that posts to
different
> server depending on the configuration   or  sorting column
that is
> determined by the user dynamically  via the request rather
than hard
> coding the sort column in the xsl page)
> How do I obtain that ?
> Having my xsl page completely static is a big problem.

So much depends on what you want to do.  Some of it might be
done in Javascript on the browser. Some might be done by
extension functions.  Some might be done by passing in
parameters to the stylesheet.  And some might be done by
making two passes - use a stylesheet to write another
stylesheet that does what you want.

Tom Passin