   RE: Simplicity of XPath

  • From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • To: Derek Denny-Brown <derekdb@microsoft.com>,Matt Sergeant <matt@sergeant.org>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 08:50:52 -0600

I agree.  What seems to be hard for those I talk to
is keeping the context in mind.  They are often not
quite sure what object they have at hand and spend time
testing each statement until they are sure just what
is in memory "now".   This takes practice.  The heavily
bracketed syntax with abbreviations as noted elsewhere
also takes some getting used to.

Getting organizations to agree to any description which
becomes a process control is of course and ALWAYS has
been the hardest problem of markup.  The RiceBowl: those
who have solutions for problems defend the problem.  "Same
as it ever was, same as it ever was."

The tool MS just provided with the web-based working
examples of each XSLT function and statement is very
useful for exploring and understanding the language.

Len
clbullar@ingr.com
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.