   RE: Dangers of Subsetting? (was RE: Pull-based XML parsers?)

  • From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • To: Michael Brennan <Michael_Brennan@Allegis.com>,"'Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com'" <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 08:58:55 -0600

Title: RE: Dangers of Subsetting? (was RE: Pull-based XML parsers?)
Do you have any problems with pulling an object out of an
object library and examining its methods and properties
to determine how of if you will use it in code?  A standard
profile should work something like that.   The problem is
when someone develops a specification from fuzzy requirements
then calls the result of that work "a standard" withut regard
to creating tests to prove an implementation meets the
requirements.   If I create an object in a library and its
capabilities are "fuzzy", just how reliable is it?

Len

http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.
Daamyata. Datta. Dayadhvam.h