   Re: Subsetting/ Canonical Parsers/ XML Compliance/ etc.

  • From: Daniel Barclay <Daniel.Barclay@digitalfocus.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 16:06:44 -0500

Tim Bray wrote:

> At 04:18 PM 12/11/00 -0500, Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com wrote
>
> First of all Mike, could you please reset your mailer so your
> messages don't show up in tiny, unreadable, blue sans-serif?  Thanks.

Seconded.  (At least get rid of the <font size=2>.  You (your mailer)
really shouldn't be specifying to reduce the HTML font size _two_ sizes
from the default.)

Actually, isn't this another case of what we're talking about (not following
standards or implementing them right)?

Microsoft somewhere ignored or trampled HTML's intent, so that now if you
have configured your browser to display default-sized (<font size=4>) text
comfortably, most Microsoft-generated HTML (with <font size=2>), and also
much other HTML, displays unreadably small.

Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay
Digital Focus