   RE: OFFTOPIC: Making Outlook mailing list friendly (was RE: Subse tting/

  • From: Michael Brennan <Michael_Brennan@Allegis.com>
  • To: "'Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com'" <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 16:53:01 -0800

Title: OFFTOPIC: Making Outlook mailing list friendly (was RE: Subsetting/ Canonical Parsers/ XML Compliance/ etc.
To use plain text by default: got to Tools->Options, select the "Mail Format" tab. When already editing a message, you can also switch it to plain text via the "Format" menu.

To quote messages with "> " when replying, select Tools->Options, and in the first ("Preferences") tab, select the "E-mail Options" button at the top. There are options there to control the format of replies. Unfortunately, I've found that it only abides by this preference when replying to plain text messages. If the message I'm replying to is formatted, it goes back to its preferred method (which is really annoying).