   Re: Embedding SQL statements in XML

  • From: Goetz Hatop <hatop@mailer.uni-marburg.de>
  • To: Michel Rodriguez <mrodrigu@ieee.org>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 10:00:46 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

> I was wondering whether some work, maybe standardization work, has been
> done on embedding data from a relational database into an XML document.
> The document is processed to generate the complete XML document, but the
> non-processed version is the one that is edited and managed in the system.

[...]
> Michel Rodriguez

 -- the apache xalan (release 2) has some extension functionality which
    can do that, see http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/extensionslib.html#sql
    for a example. (works very well, streamable nodes)

 -- an very complete overview about xml vs. database products can be
    found at http://www.rpbourret.com

 -- a few months ago I wrote a java application which parses a xml document,
    processes some query tags with sql queries therein and builds a dom doc
    from that.  Does work with apache Xerces, needs no Xalan.
    See http://www.hatop.de/sxql.html for more and free download.

> Would anyone know of anything in this area?

hope that helps,
  -- goetz.