   XML Schema Primer (14 Oct 2000)

  • From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 15:49:36 -0600

Public kudos to the creators of the XML Schema Primer (14 Oct 2000).
Thanks folks.

After pouring over this for about a week, I feel that
although there are still a few murky areas, this is a much
improved description of XML Schemas and how they can be
applied.  It also provides by example, convincing material
for those of us who use DTDs to move on and learn XML
Schema.  When we finally get substantial implementations,
this primer will help us move on.  I am sure the XML text
authors are eagerly devouring this primer and
transmogrifying it with more examples and diagrams such
that all of the extant XML books on the shelves are
yet again, doorstops. And so it goes and so it should.

Again, thanks to all of you who worked so hard on it.

Len Bullard
Intergraph Public Safety
clbullar@ingr.com
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard