   load() method on an asp file??

  • From: John Bossaller <john@actworld.net>
  • To: "'xml-dev@xml.org'" <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:46:55 -0600

I'm wondering if there is a way to use the .load() method on an asp file's
output, as opposed to loading an actual .xml file.  I have an xml file,
note.xml.  All it contains, is as follows.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<note>
</note>

I also have a note.asp file that contains the following:

<%@ Language="JScript" %>
<%
  var strXML;
  Response.ContentType="text/xml";
  Response.Write(strXML);
%>

When I load the .asp in the web browser, I get an XML document back.
(Obviously, as it's the same data in the .xml)  However, in another .asp
file, notetest.asp, I want to load the output of the note.asp.

<%
  var xmlDoc = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");
  xmlDoc.load(Server.MapPath("note.asp"));
%>

Is there a way to use the load method on a file, that is not XML, yet the
output of that file, after processing, IS XML??  Thanks!